Friday, December 7, 2012

One of my Favourite Methods - Squidoo

Squidoo is an awesome way of making some cash online. You can write about anything you want basically, except for a few small things that have been flagged as spam. You can write sales lenses which are primarily for making sales in a review style lens such as Fisher Price Walker. Pages on squidoo are called lenses by the way, so when I refer to a lens I am talking about a web page. You can also just write about topics that you love and create a great information lens that will attract traffic because of the expert knowledge you are sharing. One of my favourite informational lenses is my lens on the The Solar System Planets.

So far I am up to 23 lenses and I am currently just concentrating on making more and more links to my lenses. In a follow up post I will go through some of the best places to post your links to.
I am relatively new to squidoo and I have already made my first sale. Squidoo takes a fair amount of work and the cash doesn't start rolling in over night. It will take a a few months at least before you even see one sale. I have been sticking with it and asking question after question on the squidoo forums. Asking questions of the veteran lensmasters has really helped me a lot. There are a lot of great lensmasters willing to share their knowledge and help you to be successful with squidoo as well.

Here are a few basic tips that I have picked up so far about creating great lenses.

- Always write great content, don't ever just copy and paste information from web pages as this is a big no no with squidoo.

- Take the time and do some keyword research, it will help you out with getting traffic from google. Try and stick to what they call long tail keywords like "fisher price toys for baby boys" instead of "fisher price toys". Long tail keywords won't have as much competition. A good free place to check keyword popularity is Google keywords Tool

- Use lots of photos, I love to use my own photos whenever I can, I even go out of my way to try and get the perfect photo. If you can't take your own photos then Allposters is a great place you can get images and also earn 20% commission each time someone buys a poster. You can post a link from Allposters straight into a text module to show a great photo, plus if any one likes it they can click on it and buy it as a poster on the allposter website.

- One last major point to get you started and it is always remember to review your lenses before you publish them. Spelling and grammar mistakes look extremely unprofessional and it is something that I still have to remember to do.

I am really enjoying writing on squidoo and although my sales are yet to build up significant momentum I can definitely see the potential to create some serious income. Quite a few of the long term  lensmasters that you can chat to in the squidoo forums make a pretty tidy sum each month. You can too if you want to put in some effort. Remember if you want to give making money online a go then keep in mind it never happens over night regardless of what all the get rich programs tell you. Give Squidoo a go, I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I do.

If you would like to join Squidoo, you can sign up here
If you want to sign up for some good pictures with Allposters, Sign up here

No comments:

Post a Comment