Thursday, December 6, 2012

Starting My "Making Money Online" Journey

My Journey started a few years ago when I heard about this wonderful program called the easiest home business ever. Well little old naive me decided to sign up, and $500 later I had 12 lessons that pretty much told me everything that I am going to share with you for free on this blog.

The problem with the Easiest Home Business Ever was that it isn't all that easy. What the creators of that program told you and showed you sounded really really easy. Putting the strategies that were shown into place was very easy as well. What they didn't tell you was that it took time and a lot of work to build up your online presence enough to start getting meaningful traffic to your pages, videos etc. They also didn't tell you how to go about really getting yourself and your online content out there. 

I have to admit that I did get a lot of useful information off of this program so in a way it wasn't a total waste of money because it saved me going out and researching all the different methods of making money online myself. What I have had to do since was a lot of research on how to get real traffic to my pages and what not.

One of the first real strategies that I was taught was the social media strategy. This isn't a hugely successful strategy for me as I don't have a huge following on twitter or facebook and all the rest such sites. It certainly does work though especially if you have a lot of like minded friends on these sites. 

The whole strategy basically consists of posting paid links onto these sites having people click through them and subsequently buy something and bam you get a commission. 

First you need to sign up to join an affiliate program such as Clickbank, commission junction, clixgalore etc.
My favourite is clixgalore I find it very easy to use. Give it a go sign up, pick product or link that you think people on your twitter or facebook would like, then get the link copy and paste it into a post, put a short description something like "I just Found great priced DVD's at (insert link)". It is that simple.

How simple does that sound? 
I know it sounds to good to be true, but it is true. You won't get rich off of this one simple method, but with other great strategies that I will mention in more posts this one certainly helps to start the ball rolling.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, these easy things, are never easy. I have been online for about 18 years now, and I have made money 16 of those years. It is not easy. It's hard work, very hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, each strategy in itself is relatively easy to implement. I believe the hardest part of all is getting people to view your links. Building traffic is the hard part that takes a lot of time.

      Delete